Smartphones are an amazing phenomena which seem to grow at mind boggling rate. Have a look at the latest graphs from asymco to see what I mean.
Given this rate of growth we should wonder when smartphones become phones, and the current phones become dumbphones…
It also shows how Android and iOS are the continuing players, RIM is stabilizing the others are shrinking but will continue play a role. (the size of the market is that huge that there is room for niche)
- “Gartner: Android, iOS gain, RIM, Windows, Symbian decline” and related posts (afterdawn.com)
- Gartner: iOS and Android growing, Apple after LG’s #3 handset maker crown (9to5mac.com)
- Smartphone Sales Up 85% Year-Over-Year (mashable.com)
- iOS/Apple Still on Top in MobileMix Study (slashgear.com)
- Reminder: the real smartphone war is against dumbphones (venturebeat.com)